Doily Fun Pictorial

Happy Weekend, all! =) I have received a couple of questions about the camouflage die cutting technique that I have been using on my cards. I first learned it from the awesome Laura Bassen. Today, I am going to show you how I do it using some super fun Spellbinders Celebra'tions Collection by Richard Garay products!


First of all, gather up all the supplies! You will need:
  • Cardstock for stamping, die cutting and for finishing the card.
  • Stamps of your choice. I am using the beautiful Doily Fun for my card.
  • Sentiment dies of your choice. I picked the "thank you" words from the All You set.
  • Ink pads of your choice. I am using the yummy Odacious Orange and Captivating Coral today.
  • Washi tape to help tack thing down. And the Chevron Prints Washi Tape being so wide really has its perks for this project! =)
  • Embellishments to finish your card. I didn't end up using the twines, but you never know!
  • And of course, a die cutting machine! =)


Step 1: I stamped the pretty doily on my cardstock. It's so detailed and beautiful!


Step 2: With some cardstock scraps, I cut the thank you out as my guide. I ALWAYS use guides for this technique especially if you have spent lots of time stamping and coloring your background. You don't want to mess it up! =)


Step 3:  Lay the "thank" word cutout where you wanted it to be and tacked it down temporarily with a piece of washi tape.


Step 4: With the help of the cutout guide, carefully put the die itself over the word and tack it down with another piece of washi. 


Step 5: Now you can lift the top of the die and take the guide out. I always stick the washi tape on my hand a couple of times to take the stickiness out a bit since it tends to fuse with the paper after going through the die cutting machine.  This way, the tape will be easier to peel off afterwards.


Step 6: Now the piece has been cut and while the die was still in the paper, flip it over...


Step 7: And stick a piece of washi tape over the die cut area on the back. This will help holding the itty bitty negative pieces in their places.


Step 8: With the help of the poky end of the Bloom Tool, carefully take the die cut thank word out before moving on to the "you" word.  Remember to take the "thank" word out here or it will be fused with the tape after die cutting the word "you." Trust me! Ask me how I know! =)


Step 9: Repeat Steps 3-8 for the word "you."


Step 10: Die cut a few more "thank you" with scrap cardstock. I usually use the same color cardstock as the main focal image to match the color. 


Step 11: Glue all the "thank you" cutouts together for dimension. I usually use a handy glue pen for this or you can use any liquid glue on hand. I think liquid glue works better since you get a little bit of time to move them around before the glue is set.


Step 12: Just drop those lovelies back in the negative space in the stamped piece and you are pretty much done! Here is my finished card.


With the pretty doily and matching card base, I didn't think it need any more embellishment. =)


I hope you will get the chance to give this fun technique a try!

For more inspirations using stamps and dies from Spellbinders Celebra'tions Collection by Richard Garay, please visit Richard Garay Blog! =)

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
Spellbinders Celebra'tions Collection by Richard Garay Products:
Doily Fun Stamp
All You Etched Dies
Odacious Orange Ink Pad
Captivating Coral Ink Pad
Chevron Prints Washi Tape

Fun Stampers Journey Products: 
Whip Cream Cardstock
Watermelon Fusion Cardstock
Bloom Tool
Journey Platinum Machine
card size: 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"

Comments

Popular Posts