Gordie the Giraffe & rejects

Hello, all! I have a few cards to share with you today. First is a card that I made for Sketch Sunday over at the PWCO Blog.


I used the adorable Gordie the Giraffe from the Safari Friends collection for my card. The patterned paper is from the Playground collection by Echo Park and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

And here are some rejects...

Yes, submission rejects. I tried but they didn't want them, so here they are. =)


I adore stamps from Paper Smooches and I used submission calls as my excuses to play with them. The cute little bat is from the Falling For You set and the patterned paper is from the Fine and Dandy True Blue collection. This one was for the big Go To Sketches call and I used Sketch 14 for this card.


This is also for the same submission call and I used Sketch 21 for this one. The apple is also from the Falling For You set and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


This last one is for the Sep/Oct issue call and I used one of the sketches. Now you know how much I like working with sketches! =) The cute scooter is from the Spiffy Scooters set and the patterned paper is from the Hopscotch collection by BasicGrey.

That's all for now. Definitely not all the rejects I have, more later! =) Hope you all have a beautiful day! =)




Thanks for stopping by!







supplies:
for the "hello, friend" card:
cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink, (yellow, light blue) Bazzill Basics
stamps: (Gordie the Giraffe) PaperWorks Co., (sentiment) Papertrey Ink)
patterned paper: Echo Park
inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, VersaFine Onyx Black
coloring medium: Copic
brads: Bazzill Basics
ribbon: Ellen Hutson
dies: (Tiny Tags) Papertrey Ink, (square, scalloped square, oval, scalloped oval) Spellbinders
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape,foam squares
card size: 4" x 4"


for the "Hi" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamp: Paper Smooches Stamps
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
coloring medium: Copic
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
twine: May Arts
dies: (Pennants) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (alphas) QuicKutz
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"


for the "You're so sweet" card:
cardstock: (Kraft, Pure Poppy, white) Papertrey Ink, (off white watercolor) Strathmore
stamps: (apple) Paper Smooches Stamps, (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
coloring medium: Copic
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape
card size: 5" x 3 1/2"


for the "Scooting by to say hi" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Paper Smooches
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
coloring medium: Copic
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

donna mikasa said…
Cute, cute cards, Alice! The giraffe is adorable and your rejects are winners to me! Love the designs, love them ALL!
Dotty Jo said…
sweet giraffe card Alice and as for those 'rejects' I'm with Donna as they look fabby to me!!!! Jo x
itsallrosi said…
gorgeous coloring, Alice, especially the bat

i'm shocked these weren't picked up, they're awesome!
Helle said…
such a sweet giraffe!! im buying that stamp:)
Elizabeth Allan said…
For me Alice these are all winners!! Always wonderful colors and balance.
~amy~ said…
ALL your cards are wonderful Alice!
Tyggereye said…
Ooh the giraffe is adorable. I love these cards! How could they be rejects?? I'm confused! Love em!
Alice, no card made by you is a reject!
They are all wonderful!!
I just love the bat card,the paper works so well on it :))
Mel.xx
scrapn_momof2 said…
Rejects? I don't see any rejects. They are all adorable Alice. I love the little giraffe card and the scooter one is so cute. The one with the bat makes me LOL. Great job on all of them!
Jeni said…
Oh Alice, I will take your rejects!! They are adorable! Their loss right? ~jeni :)
Amy Johnson said…
Such super cute cards! I especially love the scooter one. As far as rejects go, I'll never understand why some cards are accepted and other's are not. I look at card books and magazines all the time (because I work in a craft store), and when I see the simple, simple cards in them I'm like "Your kidding! I see better cards on the internet all the time!'. HOw do you submit cards for publication anyway? I never see any ads for that.
BabyBokChoy said…
These are super duper cards, so so precious!!! And so called "rejects" are absolutely cute too and it's normal, it's just not a fit for that particular issue, doesn't mean they won't be picked up by other publications at a different time!!! keep at it!!!!
ChickieChirps said…
Your Gordie card is so sweet Alice and your reject cards are awesome... are they crazy people to reject them?!

Arabella
Tiffany Ervin said…
All your cards are fabbie, Alice! I'm starting to fall in love with the Paper Smooches stamps and I love that scooter! You know I LOVE your work! Keep trying!
Silli said…
OMG Alice, all your cards are sooo funny and sweet! many thanks for all the wonderful inspirations!!!
Dorcas said…
well its their loss Alice! I adore that little bat, so cute! And I love the giraffe card too, its so cheerful and fun. :-)
Jodi Collins said…
I can't believe that these were rejected Alice! They are STUNNING!!!
Diane Jaquay said…
These are all so CUTE! I think the giraffe is my favorite :)
Kelly Booth said…
soooooooooooooo cute!! I can't imagine anyone ever rejecting an Alice card...your cards are always over the top perfect and cute!! Love these my friend.....
Anita Rex said…
Hi Alice I love your giraffe card! :> And I am so sorry about your rejects! What's up with that? They are such great cards! That's why I don't really like submitting your card can be great but just not be the colors they wanted or supplies! But the feeling of rejection still stings! :> Your such a winner in my book!
yyam said…
Ooh...these are adorable Alice! They are spectacular cards! I guess it's hard to hit 100% on submissions...you're so talented and I love your cards!
1LuvnMama said…
I see no rejects here Alice. All your cards are fabulous! :)
They are all so cute, Alice. Hugs.
Suzanne C said…
These are all wonderful! That bat card is such a take on the sketch! Love the pretty pinks in the last card. And the apple really pops on the middle card!
Tasha said…
ADORABLE! I love them all theyare super cute...i especially love the scooter card!
love tasha xx

Popular Posts