Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #33

Hello all! Hope your week is off to a wonderful start. Thanks for joining me for another Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge. Here is this week's challenge:


It's a sketch challenge this week and the sketch is by the talented Kim Yu. Here is my take on the sketch:


Hope you can see my twist on the sketch. =) I mirrored it to fit my image. The stamp that I used is Scooter Chloe. She is such a delightful character! It makes me happy coloring her. =)


After coloring it, I cut the image out using a Petit Ovals Small die using the out of the frame technique. The image is then matted with a piece of dark chocolate cardstock cut with a Petit Ovals Large die. I then machine stitched them together. The sentiment piece is cut using a Classic Ovals Large die and matted with a piece of dark chocolate cardstock cut using a Classic Scalloped Ovals Large die.


The patterned paper is from the yummy Hopscotch collection by BasicGrey. The sentiment is from the Heartily Yours Additions set. I wiped the "Hi" off and added three dots instead since I planned to finish the inside of the card to compliment the front. Here is the inside of the card:


The sentiment on the inside is from the Sending Smiles set by Hero Arts.

That's all I have. Please go and check out what the other designer team members came up with for this challenge and find out all the details for the challenge here. Hope you can join us this week! =)



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
cardstock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Scooter Chloe) Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, (sentiments) Nina Brackett for Gina K. Designs, Hero Arts
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
corner rounder: We R Memory Keeper
dies; Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
skin: E01, E00, E000, R20
hair, shoes: E39, E35, E34, E31, E30
outfit: BG32, BG11, BG10, R22, RV42, W1, W00, 0
scarf: Y21, Y13, Y11
scooter, helmet: R39, R27, R24, R22, RV42, B97, B95, B93, B91, V99, BV25, BV23, B0000, 0
shadow: W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00, 0
card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Comments

Sparkplug17 said…
Such a fabulous card! I love the red scooter!
Unknown said…
This is sweet! Love your take on the sketch!
Dotty Jo said…
Spotted this over on the challenge website and I knew it was yours even before I read your name! It's a beauty Alice and a great take on the sketch. Love the inside too, Jo x
Silli said…
Oh so cute Alice, love the papers, love the image...;-) Happy day sweetie!
Dorcas said…
You rock, girlfriend! I love everything you make!! Wonderful creation here. :-)
~amy~ said…
I LOVE this Alice...hmmm...it's one of my new favs of yours:)
Nat said…
love them both, the added buttons, pp's and stitches in the first card is such a fun background for this sweet scooter design! :)
Jodi Collins said…
This is ADORABLE Alice! LOVE how she is scootin' right off the panel!
BabyBokChoy said…
You created great movement with that scooter girl going off the page! awesome work!
Unknown said…
This is SO sweet, Alice! Love how you used the sketch to create such a fun birthday card!
This is so adorable, Alice. Great way to twist the sketch. :)
Elizabeth Allan said…
Beautiful - inside and out!
Stamping Cafe said…
OMG... how did you manage to make so many cards in two days, sista??? Sigh... you are just too talented, love all of your gorgeous cards! I especial love your take on this one, awesome coloring and perfect pair of the dp! Love this lovely image, reminded me of Taiwan... I rode scooter to college and work everyday! :) Thank you for bring back those sweet memories, I guess I will need to order this stamp! :)

Have a fabulous week, my sweet friend! Love ya!
Anonymous said…
Fun card Alice! I love the chocolate card - it is the perfect neutral to set off your colouring and those gorgeous papers. Thanks for the inspiration, Ruth S ;)
Shirley N said…
I really love how you cut the scooter out of the frame--perfect! Great take on the sketch Alice!
Monique said…
So cute Alice... I love the matching sentiment :)..TFS!!
1LuvnMama said…
Oh Alice! Luv the sketch and your out of the box of the scooter! Way too cute! Hope you had a great birthday!
Suzanne C said…
Sweet! Love that she is zooming out of the oval! Beautiful inside of the card too!
Janetcraft said…
it's a great layout with fun color! you really made the rider alive!
Janetcraft said…
it's a great layout with fun color! you really made the rider alive!
Marlene said…
I LOVE this!!! I really need to look into that "out of the frame" technique. I've tried it several different ways, but it never looks as good as this!
donna mikasa said…
You've really mastered the "out of the frame" technique! She looks like she's really zooming! Wonderful coloring, as always!
Beate said…
Beautiful coloring and card, inside and out!
Hugs and smiles
Emily Leiphart said…
This is SOOOO amazing! I remember your last card with this image and this one is just as fabulous. I love all your work, Alice!
Danielle L. said…
Oh wow! Fabulous take on the sketch... Chloe looks like she is just about to drive off that card and come to life! :)
Tasha said…
Love this - the colours are super sweet and the design is fab - love the inside too
love tasha xx

Popular Posts