peggy polka dot & peony branch

Hi all! How are you today? I seriously would rather be here today... Here is a clip of Faye at her concert in Hong Kong. We went to HK for Faye's concert about 4 years ago (yeah, hubby is also a Faye fan!) and it was a dream! She writes beautiful songs and here are two that I just love. Faye is also famous for her Chinese/Cantonese version of The Cranberies' Dreams here. She is THEE best! =)

On to today's cards. I made these for poppystamps.


I used the adorable peggy polka dot for my first card. You know she has to be cute with a name like that! =) This card is also posted here at the poppystamps blog.


The patterned paper is from the Enchanted collection by Memory Box. I stamped the Twizzle Tree from Memory Box on the background to build a little scene. The sentiment is from the Strawberries set by Flourishes.


To make the background of my second card. I pressed peeled paint and broken china distress inks on my craft sheet, spritzed water over the inks before I dragged the piece of watercolor paper in the pool of ink.


The versatile peach blossom poem background is then stamped with peeled paint and the beautiful peony branch is stamped with vintage photo distress ink. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. You can also see this card posted here.

That's all for today. Have a lovely day! =)



Thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
for the card with peggy polka dot:
cardstock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (peggy polka dot) poppystamps, (Twizzle Tree) Memory Box, (sentiment) Flourishes
patterned paper: Memory Box
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
markers: Copic
decorative scissors: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
card size: about 3 1/2" in diameter


for the card with peony branch:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Stratmore Watercolor
stamps: (peony branch, peach blossom poem) poppystamps, (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
border punch: Fiskars
corner rounder: EK Success
twine: May Arts
pearls: Recollections
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

donna mikasa said…
Hi Alice! LOOOVE your Poppystamp cards! I saw the circle card on their blog--too cute! Love the second card, too! So elegant! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Monika Reeck said…
cuuuteee first card Alice....the 2nd one so adorable...miss you...
Joy said…
That first card is simply adorable, those sweet images always make me smile, your second card with the distress inks, is stunning!
Pajalu said…
I ditto what Joy said :D They are so cute & stunning respectively xoxoxo
Tyggereye said…
I love your circle cards. I swear they always turn out so adorably cute. As for the other card yeah Tim products!! Aren't they cool?? It turned out fab. Great job.
~amy~ said…
soooo much fun today...love your shaped card Alice!
Lisa Jane said…
Fab cards love the circular one - so cute
Lisa ;)
*Michaela* said…
Awwww, soooo super cute!
BabyBokChoy said…
Hello and will she come home with me? :)
Alice, will you be at CHA?? it's in L.A., gots to be close to you!!
Jodi Collins said…
Oh no...now I need to buy Poppystamps! These are SUPER fab Alice!
Marlene said…
Both are pretty cards...but that first one is just stinkin' adorable!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Both cards are fantastic!! I love the first one with the little garden gnome cutie!! Adorable!!
Sue McRae said…
Love the design and colours of the peony card.
Emily Leiphart said…
These are wonderful, Alice! I saw the first one on the Poppy Stamps blog and loved it then just as much I love it now! The Chinese one is simply stunning! I only wish I could read what it says.
Sparkplug17 said…
Such lovely cards! I love that tree!
Beautiful cards, Alice. Have a great weekend!
Anita Rex said…
Hi Alice! Love your cards today, love reading that I dragged the cardstock through.... no wonder it's so beautiful! too bad you can't be at Faye's concert! :< BTW I don't know which language she sings in but do you know or Sun Ho? Her husband Kong He came to my church and I he was such a great speaker, and what a church!
Tasha said…
Ahhhh the top one is just too adorable Alice! I love the little character you used and the gorgeous swirly tree. The second card is really elegant and pretty, love the colour
love tasha xx
Jinny Newlin said…
Oh, Alice! Both of these cards are, simply, stunning! LOVE all your stitching and distressing! Yum-O! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love!
Stamping Cafe said…
Love your Poppystamp cards, Alice! This first one is super adorable, and the second one is simply elegant... both are yummy!! Hugs!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful. Love your adorable poppy stamps card. The background is gorgeous on your second card with the poppy.
Two amazing cards! Your circle card is as sweet as the images and the 2nd card is gorgeous...love the background technique and stamp...it's all beautiful!

Popular Posts