Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #119

This is my second post of the day, please click here or scroll down to see my card for Practicing Creativity's July release sneak Peek!

Happy Friday, my friends! Thanks for joining my for another card for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. Here is this week's sketch:

Here is my take on the sketch:

I flipped the sketch and added a few twists of my own. =) The cute image that I used is called Whimsy Town by Angie Davis available at Squigglefly. I love those cute buildings and details! After coloring the image with my Copics, I cut it out then pop dotted over the sky background stamped with the Clouds background stamp from Hero Arts.

The polka dot background was made first by clear-embossing Hero Arts' Cling Dots background stamp,then colored using this technique with my Copic Various Ink Refills. I love that sweet pink! I used Copic Various Ink Refills in R22, RV42 and V000 with a little Pearl Metallic Mixatives from Ranger to get my result. I love learning new techniques!!

The sentiment is from this set also by Hero Arts. The blue polka dot strip is from PTI's Bitty Dots Basics.

Well, that's all I have for now. Don't forget to check out what all the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with for this sketch!! Here are the links:
Please go to Taylor's blog to find out how you can join the fun!


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
carstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Classic Solar White
digital stamp: Angie Davis for Squigglefly (Whimsy Town)
stamps: Hero Arts (Cling Dots background, Clouds, sentiment)
inks: VersaMark, Hero Arts Shadow Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Various Ink, Pearl Metallic Mixatives by Ranger
markers: Copic
buttons, patterned paper: Papertrey Ink
corner rounder: EK Success
die: Spellbinder
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

~amy~ said…
WOW!!!! This is absolutely spectacular Alice!!! Happy Friday!
Lin said…
I LOOOOOVE this, Alice! Such a fun, interesting image!
Lori Craig said…
This is just darling, Alice! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors. Happy Weekend!
Diane Jaquay said…
WOW Alice, this card ROCKS!!! What a cute little town!
BabyBokChoy said…
I wanna move into that lovely town!! This card is really adorable!!
Maylee said…
Hi Alice! I love this happy little town you've created! So colorful and fun!
Courtney K said…
omg - this is perfact. i don't know which i love more - the fun coloring on all the buildings or the pink background. off to check out what technique you used on the background...
Monika/Buzsy said…
Fabulous card Alica. Love that village image... and the great colors! :o)
Barbara said…
This is gorgeous Alice! I love the houses and the way that you coloured them!!!!!
Marlene said…
Wow! This is so adorable!!!
Jami said…
Wow! I so love that image and your coloring just makes it come alive!!! So super cute!
Tyggereye said…
So pretty! The coloring is perfect!!
Jane said…
LOVE LOVE that image! And you just ROCKED it!
Linda Carson said…
Picture perfect artwork!! Love it!
donna mikasa said…
Eeeeee! What a delightful scene! I love how you make the sketches "your own"....this is too adorable and I love your dotty background, too! Yummm!!
Virginia L. said…
You always provide such yummy "eye candy"! What a ton of details in this one!! YUM!!!!!!
Clare said…
WHOA! The paper piecing and Copic coloring are seriously jaw-dropping!! Just an sweet, adorable card! :)
itsallrosi said…
what a sweet little village!
Nancy said…
What a happy little scene, Alice! It almost looks animated. Too cute! Have a great weekend!
Agata said…
Wow! Excellent take and execution! Love it!
Tasha said…
Alice this is my favourite card of the day i absolutely love it! That image is so cool and i love the funky way you coloured it! the whole design is awesome
love tasha xx
Melissa said…
This is so adorable! I love the colors of your building and the pink and blue on the card!
Kathy Martin said…
Such a darling and fairytale like village! Love this card! :)
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh my gosh, I've never seen a cute little village like this look so divine and happy! I'd live here for sure!
alexandra s.m. said…
This is incredible Alice!!
TFS!
Suzanne C said…
Always love to see how you tweak the sketch! Fantastic town! love the blending of colors.
Holly Young said…
really cool background technique Alice, and I love how you colored the buildings - especially the brink one!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
OMGoodness, Alice, this is terrific! I love the little village scene! A lot of fun coloring. And the polka dot base is very cool! Yikes, I LOVE this card!!!
Chelsea said…
OMGosh! Your coloring!!! Wow!
So wonderfully detailed!
Gorgeous!
Luv,
Chelsea
Monika Reeck said…
OMG ALICE your coloring sooo adorable it must need more time to coloring with soo many colors...wooow...love this Images Alice....so cuuuteee...CUTE CARD!!
Godelieve said…
How cute is that little village!
Brilliant coloring!
Jill said…
Love that village! So bright and fun!
Kathy said…
OMG...stunning stunning..stunning sista
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! You so Rock my friend!!

Popular Posts