Violet

I made this card for Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger, Fun With Floss and The Olympics of Stamping challenges!!

I white-embossed the flowers from Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers: Violet stamp set then added the french knots as flower centers using embroidery floss. Maile Belles has a wonderful tutorial on how to make french knots on paper here. I hope it's ok to combine all those challenges in one card. I just got some yummy new stamps from PTI, so I had to play!! =)

EDIT: The winner of Jane's Bird Watching digital stamps set never showed up, so I picked another winner. It's Kim Piggott!!!! Please email me, Kim. I will forward your email to Jane so that she can send you your digital stamps!

That's all from me today. Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
cardstock, stamps, ribbon: Papertrey Ink
inks: VersaMark, StazOn
embossing powder: Stampendous
embroidery floss: DMC
border punch, corner rounder: Fiskars

Comments

Sanne said…
Such a beauty Alice - love your flower background!
Pajalu said…
Wow Alice this is one beautiful card. I love it all. Good luck with the challenges xoxoxoxo
donna mikasa said…
Love those french knots! They add a nice touch to the flowers...Such an elegant card!
Kelly Booth said…
such a Pretty card Alice....Love this...xoxo!
Agata said…
YOur card is so elegant, Alice! I love it! That's so cool that you've received your stamps! Enjoy!
Kathy Martin said…
Such a pretty card Alice! Love the contrast! :)
~amy~ said…
Oh I LOVE this Alice...those french knots are such a nice way to finish off your gorgeous card!!!!
Fabulous! The color combo is so pretty. Very classy and elegant! LOVE IT!
:) Rachel
Virginia L. said…
Totally BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT! I just love this one that you create for Tuesday Trigger. Such perfect interpretation, Alice!
Lin said…
LOOOOOOVE your card, Alice!! That violet set is on my list, and you have used it beautifully! Good luck in all the challenges!!
Anita Rex said…
Oh Alice I love this card! the colors are wonderful! Soooo sooo pretty!
Deirdre said…
Alice, this is stunning - love it.
Melinda Spinks said…
Simple yet stunning! Well done on the french knots!
Amy Heller said…
Just gorgeous, Alice!! Those french knots are darling! I am trying to master them - have a little ways to go yet. BTW, you are much to kind to me! Your comments are just so sweet! ;)
Courtney Baker said…
WOw this awesome. I can totally see the inspiration in your card. I knew what it was before I even started reading!
Julie Ranae said…
Always a pleasure to visit, Alice...we miss you at The Play Date Cafe!

This card is so beautiful and really makes me long for spring!
Winter said…
SO pretty! I love the french knots, I've been wanting to try it, now I want to even more! :)
Stamping Cafe said…
This is gorgeous and elegant, Alice! Love it!!
Jill said…
So striking against the black background! Beautiful!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
I totally love this in this gorgeous black and yellow scheme, so elegant Alice!!
Maile Belles said…
What a gorgeous creation!!! You know I'm loving those french knots, so glad you found the tutorial helpful!
ivy said…
so smart of you to get 3 challenges in 1 card! so talented!! love this card! so fresh with the black!
Dotty Jo said…
So lovely Alice, all your cards are just so pretty! Jo x
NinaB said…
Ooh, it's so elegant. Beautiful take on the sketch.
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Wow, I love the effect of the white embossing... it really looks like hand stitching!
Lisa Petrella said…
GORGEOUS! Love the white embossed flowers and the way the french knot centers add a pop of color!
Hey Alice! What a beautiful approach to all three current challenges in the Moxie Fab World! You sure do know how to muti-task! Thanks so much for playing! :)
Suzanne C said…
Oh! Love the colors on thsi! So gorgeous!

Popular Posts