Happy World Card Making Day!


Hello everyone! Happy Saturday! It's also World Card Making Day and I am so excited to be able to celebrate this special day with you! I made two cards to share with you today.

Here is my first card. She is Cupcake from Pink Petticoat. She is from a new digital stamp line called Frillie Millies. I love her fluffy hair and her cute little dress with cherries! And the stick arms are the best! =) Maybe I like all those characteristics from her because I have none of them!!

I had a lot of fun coloring her and making this card. And I think it's the best way to celebrate this special day as a card maker, a stamper and a Copic coloring enthusiast (I am not necessarily good at it, but I love and enjoy doing it)!

Here is my second card.

This card used the very neat watercolor technique that I learned from Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking classes at twopeasinabucket.com earlier this year. This is one technique that I have used over and over and I just love it! Thank you, Jennifer!

Now, I am going to check out what all the awesome card makers do to celebrate today! Please go here for all the links that will take you around the world for the celebration of World Card Making Day!


ingredients used:
for "a day to celebrate" :
cardstocks, patterned paper, button, ribbon: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Pink Petticoat (digital Cupcake), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink: Memento
markers: Copic
punches: Fiskars
embroidery floss: DMC

for "hello" :
cardstocks, button, twine: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Papertrey Ink (flourish), Hero Arts (sentiment)
watercolor paper: Canson
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
corner rounder: Fiskars

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Vanessa said…
Happy World Card Making Day to you, Alice!! Love your cards, especially the first one!!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Claireabelle said…
Gorgeous card Alice! I love the image in the first one and the simple elegance of the second one.
xx
Riina said…
Wow, I really like the second card! Simple but yet so beautiful! :)

Happy World Card Making Day and greetings from Finland!
Amy said…
Love the cards Alice, they're both beautiful but I'm a little partial to Cupcake, how can you resist that cutie! :)
Stamping Cafe said…
Happy WCMD to you too!! Your cards are gorgeous, I love them both!! I love the cupcake image, she it way too cute!

Popular Posts