Monochromatic alcohol inked card and a layout



I had so much fun making this card (after all, Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking classes at 2Peas are all about having fun creating!!).

I used the combination of Red Pepper, Butterscotch Alcohol Inks and some of my beloved Pearl Mixatives to create the card base, and just for fun I dripped some Alcohol Blending Solution on it... Love how that came out, the Blending solution gave it a dreamy (I think...) look!!

Both flowers were inked with some alcohol inks and covered with White Opal Liquid Pearl. I smeared Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stickles all over the brown cardstock under the emboss resist piece - love the bigger mica pieces in it!

Thanks Jennifer for all the fun classes!!

Materials:
stamps: Hero Arts
cardstock, twine: Papertrey ink
inks: VersaMark, Versafine, Alcohol Ink by Ranger
flowers: Prima
button: Making Memories
glitter: Tim Holtz Distress Stickles by Ranger
pearls: Liquid Pearls by Ranger
clear embossing powder: Stampendous

And a layout...


I am not sure why I have never tried making a layout for the Hero Arts challenges since I started with scrapbooking...

Anyhoo, this was my first try. I received my prize for my Honorable Mention of the Hero Arts photo challenge with this card . It is a yummy clear set called Favorite Journey (CL147). I think it's perfect for this layout since it is one of the most memorable and favorite journeys of mine.

Materials:
Stamps: Hero Arts
cardstock, ribbon: Papertrey ink
patterned paper: Chatterbox
inks: VersaFine, VersaMark
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
pen: Zig

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Comments

Monika Reeck said…
Dear Alice...love both of your card...Beautiful design and color...hugs, Monika

Popular Posts